Planning your vacation in Crete and you want to make the most of it? Then you should book your accommodation in Malia and we can give you at least 10 reasons why!
1. Malia is near Heraklion, the capital of Crete and the main airport and ferry station on the island with countless connections to international destinations and other popular islands, like Santorini. Therefore, you can arrive here easily and hassle-free, and even visit other islands if you like!
2. From Malia you can easily access some of the most popular attractions of Crete you must see, such as the Palace of Knossos and Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, one of the most important museums in the country. Plus, Malia is a short drive away from CretAquarium and Diktaion Andron, the cave where Zeus was born!
3. You can easily visit the famous Spinalonga Island and the coastal resort of Elounda and Plaka on a daytrip (40 minute drive).
4. The beautiful sandy beaches of Malia are wind protected and waters are shallow, ideal for carefree swimming, especially if you are traveling with young kids. Plus, most beaches are organized with a variety of services, activities, and countless things to see and do.
5. The wider area of Malia features some of the best water parks on the island for endless family fun!
6. Malia is easily connected to the main cities of Crete by bus (Agios Nikolaos, Sitia, Rethymnon and Chania), so you can also explore more attractions and experience Cretan city life!
7. Situated right under the imposing mountains of Dikti, in Malia you can comfortably combine mountain and beach activities and explore the beautiful nature and traditional villages of Lassithi Plateau in just a short drive from the coast (about 30 minutes). Must-see villages include Krasi and Avdou.
8. Malia boasts the best tourist facilities on the island to pamper yourselves and enjoy an unforgettable holiday experience. Luxurious accommodation, top-notch services, quality restaurants for every taste, a variety of options for shopping, incredible spas and stunning pools. Here you will find everything you desire!
9. Malia is famous for its hot nightlife that attracts thousands of visitors every year! From chic bistros with exclusive wine lists to bustling nightclubs that go on until the early morning hours and beach bars serving the most imaginative cocktails, it is unlikely you will ever get bored!
10. Malia is the safest and most comfortable destination for families who wish to experience the best of Crete together with all the necessary facilities and services required for a family. Here you will find countless kid-friendly activities and attractions, numerous kids clubs and a safe place for your kids to play around, swim and enjoy a fun Cretan summer.